Are you a passionate care worker looking to develop your knowledge and advance your career?
Step-up to Dementia Support Worker Programme
Permanent position including a 7-week training course
£12.56 per hour
33 or 44 hours per week
Location: Green Park, Great Sankey, Warrington
Orchard Care Homes is delighted to announce the launch of our new Step-up to Dementia Support Worker Programme. Join us on our exciting journey to transform care for people living with dementia in our homes.
We’re looking for future Orchard team members who have a genuine passion for supporting people living with dementia to join our growing team of Dementia Support Workers.
Delivered by our inhouse dementia experts, this seven-week training course will focus on 7 key modules including, dementia awareness, meaningful engagement, and distress response & de-escalation. You’ll work closely within a multi-disciplinary team, showing compassion and understanding for colleagues as well as people living in our Reconnect communities. Team unity and embracing everybody’s unique qualities is vital in the role.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity to further your career with a forward-thinking and progressive employer, you will need to have experience working as a Care Assistant, Support Worker, or Senior Care Assistant, and hold at least a level 2 qualification in a health-related subject. Most important is your passion for delivering the highest quality of care and your willingness to continually improve your knowledge and skills working with people who live with dementia.
Main duties – What a Dementia Support Worker does
- Always works in line with Orchard’s Dementia Promise values of courage & compassion, understanding, positive thinking, patience, advocacy, respect and making a REAL difference for the right reasons.
- Focuses on people’s abilities not disabilities.
- Aims for people to live life to the full and as normally as possible.
- Understands causes of distress and always aims to reduce distress through their approach.
- Encourages people to maintain their skills and level of independence.
- Supports development of engagement and meaningful occupation plans & implements these at all times.
- Helps people with daily self-care which includes washing, dressing and eating/drinking well.
- Keeps detailed care notes which contribute to the development of care plans.
- Understands the importance of physical health and how this impacts on people living with dementia.
About Orchard Care Homes
A bright and spacious home designed to support 105 residents needing residential, nursing and more specialist dementia care. Green Park is located in the picturesque suburb of Great Sankey, on the outskirts of Warrington, we are within easy access to local shops and amenities. Care is provided by a team of dedicated and professional staff, many of whom have extensive experience in care and undergo continual training.
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
Orchard Care Homes has been providing care for older people for over 15 years. We are committed to being at the heart of the local community and delivering the same level of care that we would all wish for our loved ones.
We believe in investing in our people. Your professional development is actively encouraged and you will receive plenty of training and progression opportunities across our portfolio of homes.
Access to Blue Light Discount Card.
Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways to enable you to grow and develop.
Recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’ and an annual awards ceremony, recognising our dedicated staff team.
Free Uniform and car parking.
Access to our 24/7 Employee Support Hub offering confidential support on personal and professional issues.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.
Green Park Nursing Home in Warrington
Welcome to Green Park Nursing Home in Warrington A residential care ...Full Details