Assistant Cook – 30 hours per week – £10.42 per hour – 340 Leeds Rd, Lofthouse, Wakefield, WF3 3QQ
Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Why Orchard? We don’t just want to be the provider of choice; we want to be the employer of choice.
Here at Orchard Care Homes our foundations are built on 6 core values; Enjoy Life, Welcoming, Kind, Professional, Positive and Respectful.
A quality kitchen experience has positive benefits on the physical and mental wellbeing of our residents and you will help deliver personalised menu plans that ensures everyone is treated with dignity and that individual's rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
At Orchard Care Homes we believe in the continued learning and development of our support teams and a career with us offers you an opportunity to broaden your skills and knowledge. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, and exciting opportunities will emerge to progress your career further within the company.
- You will have what it takes to nurture, encourage and care. Making a meaningful contribution to someone's life is fulfilling, demanding, requires flexibility, professionalism and skills.
- You will help our residents enjoy every day by making sure they receive the quality nutritional experiences they deserve.
- You will assist in the preparation of a range of meals to suit individual tastes and requirements, you will demonstrate a caring nature towards others.
- You will have Cook/Kitchen Assistant experience preferably gained in a care home setting.
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
Located with easy links to Leeds and Wakefield, Lofthouse Grange & Lodge is a modern home specialising in the care of older people, with the Grange providing 24hr residential care for 31 residents, and the Lodge providing additional round the clock dementia care to 57 residents.
Rated ‘Good’ by our regulator CQC, Castleford Lodge Care Home is located close to the centre of Castleford, offering services for residential and elderly as well as those with dementia who require more specialist care.
Orchard Care Homes has a strong reputation in the care industry for running and managing care homes across the UK. We have over 15 years of experience, running 24 care homes across the North and Midlands.
What we offer:
- Excellent training and progression opportunities
- Recognition schemes such as ‘Making a Difference’
- Free Uniform
- Free DBS
- Access to our 24/7 Employee Support Hub offering confidential support on personal and professional issues.
- Competitive Annual Leave + Employer contributing pension.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.