Are you a passionate care worker looking to develop your knowledge and advance your career?
Step-up to Dementia Support Worker Programme
Permanent position including a 7-week training course
£12.31 per hour
33 or 44 hours per week
Location: Archers Court & Ashlea Lodge, Sunderland
Orchard Care Homes is delighted to announce the launch of our new Step-up to Dementia Support Worker Programme. Join us on our exciting journey to transform care for people living with dementia in our homes.
We’re looking for future Orchard team members who have a genuine passion for supporting people living with dementia to join our growing team of Dementia Support Workers.
Delivered by our inhouse dementia experts, this seven-week training course will focus on 7 key modules including, dementia awareness, meaningful engagement, and distress response & de-escalation. You’ll work closely within a multi-disciplinary team, showing compassion and understanding for colleagues as well as people living in our Reconnect communities. Team unity and embracing everybody’s unique qualities is vital in the role.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity to further your career with a forward-thinking and progressive employer, you will need to have experience working as a Care Assistant, Support Worker, or Senior Care Assistant, and hold at least a level 2 qualification in a health-related subject. Most important is your passion for delivering the highest quality of care and your willingness to continually improve your knowledge and skills working with people who live with dementia.
Main duties – What a Dementia Support Worker does
- Always works in line with Orchard’s Dementia Promise values of courage & compassion, understanding, positive thinking, patience, advocacy, respect and making a REAL difference for the right reasons.
- Focuses on people’s abilities not disabilities.
- Aims for people to live life to the full and as normally as possible.
- Understands causes of distress and always aims to reduce distress through their approach.
- Encourages people to maintain their skills and level of independence.
- Supports development of engagement and meaningful occupation plans & implements these at all times.
- Helps people with daily self-care which includes washing, dressing and eating/drinking well.
- Keeps detailed care notes which contribute to the development of care plans.
- Understands the importance of physical health and how this impacts on people living with dementia.
About Orchard Care Homes
Orchard Care Homes has a strong reputation in the care industry for running and managing care homes across the UK. We have over 15 years of experience, running 23 care homes across the North and Midlands.
There is a wide range of choice in care homes, with different homes providing varying degrees of care. The person looking for a care home will be assessed according to their needs, this could be done by the local authority or social services and referred to Orchard Care for a secondary assessment, or directly with Orchard Care for privately funded residents.
Access to Blue Light Discount Card.
Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways to enable you to grow and develop.
Recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’ and an annual awards ceremony, recognising our dedicated staff team.
Free Uniform and car parking.
Access to our 24/7 Employee Support Hub offering confidential support on personal and professional issues
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.
Archers Court Nursing Care Home in Sunderland
Welcome to our Sunderland Nursing Home. ...Full Details