Full time/Permanent – 37.5hrs – £26k per annum
Covering our Northeast Care Homes
Exceptional People, Extraordinary Care
Why Orchard? We don’t just want to be the provider of choice; we want to be the employer of choice.
Are you passionate and driven to genuinely improve the lives of people and the teams who support them in care homes? Are you an experienced and skilled painter and decorator? If you are, then Orchard Care Homes have an exciting opening for you to join our team.
Orchard Care Homes has a strong reputation in the care industry for running and managing care homes across the UK. We have over 15 years of experience, running 23 care homes across the North and Midlands. We are on a transformative journey, with 100% CQC good, rated homes and care based on individual outcomes.
To provide a comprehensive painting and decorating service to all Orchard Care Homes within your specified region. Communicating and interacting with all employees and residents ensuring that your cluster of Orchard Care Homes are kept in good condition both inside and out.
Experienced leader with proven track record of leading a multi-functional team.
Proven ability to deliver against operational timescales
Experience in gardening (where appropriate)
Trade background – ideally time served or with suitable qualification- Qualifications in horticulture, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, decorating and H&S (desirable)
Basic numeric and good record keeping skills
- Attend the homes within your allocated region on a designated day each week, as agreed in advance with the Head of Purchasing.
- Carry out routine maintenance of the gardens and grounds in conjunction with outside contractors where appropriate. Also responsible for ensuring that the gardens and outside areas are safe and presentable, this includes picking up litter and basic tidying as well as remedying defects to external paving, paths, steps, etc.
- Carry out minor repairs and redecoration to the homes that are within your region, complying with Orchard Care Home’s Policies & Procedures and in accordance with the items listed in the Maintenance Book held at each home.
- Maintain all records, checklists and documentation for each home in accordance with the instructions provided within the Maintenance Manual and given by the Head of Purchasing.
- Replace lighting tubes/bulbs as and when required.
- Advise Home Manager when stock of any item requires replenishment.
- Report any deficiencies that are out of scope of this role to the Home manager and DPA andfollow these up in a timely manner to ensure they are being dealt with, particularly where they pose an H&S or regulatory/legislative risk to the business.
- Observe all manufacturers’ instructions and safety advice for all plant, tool material etc utilised.
- Respect residents at all times, especially their individual right to privacy, dignity and choice, incorporating residents’ needs and requirements into your work routine so that Orchard Care Home is a pleasant & safe place to both live and work.
What We Offer in Return
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer Pension contributions
- Full funded company van
- Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways to enable you to grow and develop.
- Recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’ recognising our dedicated staff team
- Free Uniform and car parking
- Paid for Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
- Access to our Discounts and wellbeing support through My Orchard.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.