Assistant Cook – 20 hours per week – £10.42 per hour – 16 - 18 Tanhouse Road, Crosby, Thornton, Liverpool, Merseyside, L23 1UB
Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Why Orchard? We don’t just want to be the provider of choice; we want to be the employer of choice.
Here at Orchard Care Homes our foundations are built on 6 core values; Enjoy Life, Welcoming, Kind, Professional, Positive and Respectful.
A quality kitchen experience has positive benefits on the physical and mental wellbeing of our residents and you will help deliver personalised menu plans that ensures everyone is treated with dignity and that individual's rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
At Orchard Care Homes we believe in the continued learning and development of our support teams and a career with us offers you an opportunity to broaden your skills and knowledge. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, and exciting opportunities will emerge to progress your career further within the company.
- You will have what it takes to nurture, encourage and care. Making a meaningful contribution to someone's life is fulfilling, demanding, requires flexibility, professionalism and skills.
- You will help our residents enjoy every day by making sure they receive the quality nutritional experiences they deserve.
- You will assist in the preparation of a range of meals to suit individual tastes and requirements, you will demonstrate a caring nature towards others.
- You will have Cook/Kitchen Assistant experience preferably gained in a care home setting.
Thornton Hall & Lodge is a bright and spacious purpose-built home that specialises in care for older people, with the Hall providing 24hr residential care for 48 residents, and the Lodge giving additional round the clock dementia care for 48 residents.
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
Orchard Care Homes has been providing care for older people for over 15 years. We are committed to being at the heart of the local community and delivering the same level of care that we would all wish for our loved ones.
We believe in investing in our people. Your professional development is always encouraged, and you will receive plenty of training and progression opportunities across our portfolio of homes.
What we offer:
- Excellent training and progression opportunities
- Recognition schemes such as ‘Making a Difference’
- Free Uniform
- Free DBS
- Access to our 24/7 Employee Support Hub offering confidential support on personal and professional issues.
- Competitive Annual Leave + Employer contributing pension.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.