Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Do you want to begin a fulfilling career in care, with excellent training and progression opportunities? Whether you are new to care or you’re an experienced carer, at Orchard Care, we value our Care Assistants and invest in their career within our homes.
Care Assistant – 44 hour per week
Days and Nights
£10.42 - £10.67 per hour
Shifts 7 - 7
LOCATION: Penny Engine Lane, Eckington, Derbyshire, S21 4BF
We are not able to offer Sponsorship for this position.
The role of a Care Assistant plays a vital role in supporting the people living within Orchard homes. We make sure everyone is cared for with dignity, respect and they are engaged in how they receive support from our staff. You will play a key role in ensuring they engage in meaningful activities and receive the best support in line with their individual needs.
We are one of the first organisations in care who are paperless. We use the latest technology to write our care plans, complete our audits and we can even tell if someone is in pain by using an app.
No day is ever the same! This position is challenging, and isn’t for everyone, but the intrinsic rewards are incomparable. We offer a tailored career path that will give you industry leading training and help you reach your career goals.
You will work in a close team that understands each person’s needs and provides a meaningful contribution to their lives.
- To enable people to remain as independent as possible whilst providing support and assistance as per the individual’s needs. This will include delivering personal care including washing, dressing, and oral care.
- Be understanding and patient towards everyone and their needs, encourage and support them to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual and their preferences, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes supporting individuals and groups to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying rooms, undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at mealtimes and other times, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. In addition, providing the appropriate level of support at mealtimes.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant to the role such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control policies, procedures and measures to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To ensure all written or verbal communications regarding activity in the home remain factual and evidence based, to support learning from significant events. To engage with internal and external inspections, audits and regulatory visits.
About Orchard Care Homes
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
Orchard Care Homes has been providing care for older people for over 15 years. We are committed to being at the heart of the local community and delivering the same level of care that we would all wish for our loved ones.
We believe in investing in our people. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, with plenty of training and progression opportunities across our portfolio of homes.
- Access to Blue Light Discount Card & App.
- Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways to enable you to grow and develop.
- Recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’ and an annual awards ceremony, recognising our dedicated staff team.
- Free Uniform and car parking.
- Access to our 24/7 Employee Support Hub offering confidential support on personal and professional issues
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.