Exceptional People, Extraordinary Care
Registered Home Manager – NMC Registered
£65,000 Bonus & Company Benefits
Our Dementia Promise is changing the way people living with dementia are supported. We are at the forefront of offering individualised care, focusing on enabling individuals to live their lives in a supportive, engaging, and purposeful way. The role of Registered Home Manager at Middle Park Lodge will support the service to transition from a nursing home to a specialist dementia service. This is a great opportunity to build a service around a proven model and mould it to deliver outstanding care under your leadership. The home will be your business to nurture, develop and evolve to meet the needs of the local population and our partners. There will be a focus on driving outstanding quality outcomes, maintaining positive relations with the local authority and promoting the service to private clients. We are looking for someone who has management experience in a dementia care setting, a proven leader and someone who is driven to succeed. You must have the balance of skills between maintaining effective care and developing a business that maintains profits, attracts new clients and maintains positive relationships.
• To manage the day-to-day running of all aspects of the home including maintaining high standards of care and clinical quality, effective people management and communication with the team, responsible for the excellent business management and commercial performance.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with residents, their advocates, and key external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for residents.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with statutory and legal requirements relevant throughout the home, including HACCP, COSHH, Health and Safety, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act 2008, have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control policies, procedures, and measures to maintain a safe environment.
• Responsible for ensuring Orchard Care Homes’ governance framework is embedded and underpins the fundamental standards expected including effective risk management.
• Ensuring as a team, residents’ individual care plans are met, this includes meaningful occupation ensuring people maintain their identity, safe medication management and delivering and supporting the team to deliver clinical practices such as venepuncture, wound assessment and care and catheterisation in accordance with our policies and governance framework.
• Responsible for recruiting, inducting, and developing a multiskilled care home team. Ensuring meaningful supervisions, clinical and non-clinical and an annual appraisal takes place to identify career aspirations, areas for development and assign support where required. Facilitate daily team briefings, regular departmental and full team meetings to foster effective communication and safe working practices across the home. Ensuring that all colleague training is compliant and inline with statutory requirements.
• Responsible for effective workforce planning ensuring appropriate staffing levels and skill mix are in place in accordance with resident dependency and reviewed on a regular basis as the needs of our residents’ change. Effective management of annual leave and unplanned absence in accordance with our HR Policies and Procedures seeking guidance where required.
• Responsible for the marketing and promotion of the Home using varying tools and ensuring all enquiries are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner including welcoming show rounds to prospective residents and their families or visiting professionals. Accurate assessment of potential/new residents, completion and submission of contractual documents including the negotiation of appropriate fees.
About the Organisation: Rated Good by our regulators CQC, Middleton Park Lodge is a 50-bed purpose-built nursing home in the Middleton area of Leeds, and offers specialist nursing care, residential care and short term respite care.
All bedrooms in the home are en-suite and decorated to a high standard. Our highly qualified staff arrange individual care plans on admission and residents are involved every step of the way. All of our nurses are fully trained, we have a mix of mental health and general nurses, so we are able to holistically care for residents.
We have an in-house bar which is used by residents when they want to relax and enjoy a drink, alongside a central courtyard area outdoors where residents can go out to enjoy a chat and some fresh air.
At Middleton Park Lodge we are always hosting different activities to keep residents entertained, we are all big fans of gardening and residents maintain their own plant pots. We often go out into the Leeds community and beyond, visiting places like the Tea Cosy Memory Cafe. Middleton Park Lodge also benefits from being located on a bus route and having strong transport links into Leeds.
• Access to Blue Light Discount Card.
• Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways to enable you to grow and develop.
• Recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’ and an annual awards ceremony, recognising our dedicated staff team.
• Free Uniform and car parking. • Access to our 24/7 Employee Support Hub offering confidential support on personal and professional issues.
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme – Earn up to a £250 per person.
• Free NMC revalidation
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.
Middleton Park Lodge Nursing Home in Leeds
Welcome to our Leeds Nursing Home, Middleton Park Lodge. ...Full Details