Mixed (Days & Nights)
Rate of Pay - £11.67 per hour.
Location – Working regionally across our North-East Homes covering Billingham, Sunderland and South Shields.
Please note - We are not able to offer Sponsorship for this position.
At Orchard Care Homes, we believe in providing exception care, enriching lives, and making a meaningful difference in the lives of our residents. We’re looking for a dedicated and compassionate Peripatetic Care Assistant to join our team and help us deliver top-notch care services to those who need it most.
This is a Peripatetic role, which means you’ll have the opportunity to work with different teams and residents in our various locations in the North-East, providing cover for holiday, maternity leave and absences. The role of a Peripatetic Care Assistant plays a vital role in supporting the people living within Orchard homes. We make sure everyone is cared for with dignity, respect and they are engaged in how they receive support from our staff. You will play a key role in ensuring they engage in meaningful activities and receive the best support in line with their individual needs.
What we’re looking for?
- You must be a driver due to travelling and working across different homes, and you will have or be willing to get appropriate business car insurance to allow you to undertake the required business travel.
- Flexible and be able to pick up shifts when and where needed.
- Experienced Care Assistant
- Have a NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- A warm, compassionate, and patient personality.
In return you will receive:
- Flexibility of shifts to fit around your lifestyle, meaning effectively you can choose when you can work.
- Milage will be paid from base home which will be the service nearest to your own home address.
- Access to Blue Light Discount Card & App.
- Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways to enable you to grow and develop. This leads to recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’ and an annual awards ceremony, recognising our dedicated staff team.
- Free Uniform and car parking.
- Access to our 24/7 Employee Support Hub offering confidential support on personal and professional issues.
- To enable people to remain as independent as possible whilst providing support and assistance as per the individual’s needs. This will include delivering personal care including washing, dressing, and oral care.
- Be understanding and patient towards everyone and their needs, encourage and support them to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual and their preferences, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes supporting individuals and groups to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying rooms, undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at mealtimes and other times, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. In addition, providing the appropriate level of support at mealtimes.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant to the role such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control policies, procedures and measures to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To ensure all written or verbal communications regarding activity in the home remain factual and evidence based, to support learning from significant events. To engage with internal and external inspections, audits and regulatory visits.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.