Maintenance Operative - Van Included
Castleford & Barnsley area
Hours - Full Time / 37.5 hours per week
Our support teams enjoy life at the heart of our community
Our support staff are at the heart of each and every one of our homes. They are the people who do the jobs which keep the home running smoothly, from filing to tiling, from driving to drying - roles which are absolutely essential to the wellbeing of our residents, making it a home from home.
Orchard at the Heart of the Community
Orchard Care Homes has been running and managing care homes across the UK for over a decade.
Our Mission: To be the positive choice for resident’s, their families and friends, healthcare professionals and staff.
Our person-centred approach to care relies on the dedication and passion of our employees, who we expect to go the extra mile to improve the home experience and generate a relaxed and informal community within our homes.
It’s the attitude you can bring to Orchard Care Homes that we value, not necessarily your background of working in a care setting. We recruit people with previous experience, and those for whom a job in care environment represents a new beginning. We are looking for enthusiastic people to continue making our homes a rewarding and enjoyable place to live and work.
What you’ll be doing
You will carry out general repairs to the homes that are within your designated area, complying with Orchard Care Home’s policies and procedures manual, contributing to maintaining a safe environment throughout the Care Home.
You will carry out regular safety checks (including fire) as identified in the maintenance check list, keeping accurate, up-to-date records of the checks, reporting any deficiencies to the Home Manager and Estates Team and follow these up.
You will ensure the care home is maintained in good decorative order, the environment is comfortable, friendly and has a ‘homely’ feel for the residents.
You will work with the Regional Maintenance Managers and external contractors, ensuring all legislative requirements are fully met. Above all, you will ensure that the home is a friendly and supportive caring environment.
What you’ll need:
• General maintenance knowledge / experience e.g. minor electrical, plumbing, joinery work etc
• Trade background – ideally time served or with suitable qualification
• Basic numeric and good record keeping skills.
• IT literate – use of email, APP based technologies
• Clean driving licence, with flexibility to travel and working away from home if needed.
• Basic Health & Safety knowledge.
• Good communication skills.
• Approachable and friendly, able to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work unsupervised, able to plan and prioritise own workload.
• Experience of cyclical maintenance including regulatory checks.
• Satisfactory DBS where applicable
What we offer in return:-
By choosing Orchard Care Homes you are joining a progressive and ambitious group of care homes. We offer a competitive salary and range of benefits including;
• Ongoing training
• Career development opportunities
• Refer a friend scheme
• Comprehensive induction
• Cost of DBS check paid for by the company
• Free uniform
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.