Kitchen Assistant – 16.5 hours per week - £8.91 per hour – Ashlea Lodge, Sunderland
Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Why Orchard? We don’t just want to be the provider of choice; we want to be the employer of choice.
Here at Orchard Care Homes our foundations are built on 6 core values; Enjoy Life, Welcoming, Kind, Professional, Positive and Respectful.
Ashlea Lodge is located near the heart of Sunderland City Centre in the parish of Millfield, it is a two-storey modern care home that provides specialist care for older people. The home has also recently seen the top floor turned into the home for our new Re-Connect service, which supports 18 residents, in a specialist and innovative Dementia service.
A quality kitchen experience has positive benefits on the physical and mental wellbeing of our residents and you will help deliver personalised menu plans that ensures everyone is treated with dignity and that individual's rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
At Orchard Care Homes we believe in the continued learning and development of our support teams and a career with us offers you an opportunity to broaden your skills and knowledge. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, and exciting opportunities will emerge to progress your career further within the company.
- You will have what it takes to nurture, encourage and care. Making a meaningful contribution to someone's life is fulfilling, demanding, requires flexibility, professionalism and skills.
- You will help our residents enjoy every day by making sure they receive the quality nutritional experiences they deserve.
- You will assist in the preparation of a range of meals to suit individual tastes and requirements, you will demonstrate a caring nature towards others.
- You will have Cook/Kitchen Assistant experience preferably gained in a care home setting.
What We Offer:
- Excellent training and progression opportunities
- Recognition schemes such as ‘Making a Difference’
- Free Uniform
- Free DBS
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (available to permanent employees)
- Access to our fantastic Employee assistance programme in association with BUPA that provides 24/7 support
- Competitive Annual Leave + Employer contributing pension
Orchard Care Homes value the safety of our residents and staff above all else. Our staff received regular Covid tests to protect their wellbeing and both our staff and residents are among the first wave of people to receive the Covid vaccine in the UK.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.