Introduction to the role
As a Facilities and Estate supervisor you will support the Estates Team coordinating tasks for team members and specialist partners from within the Harrogate support centre and out with the wider team in the field to deliver a consistently high level of service and support to our homes, staff and stakeholders. Monitoring and evaluating requests for maintenance task and their priorities is our first line of service excellence. Generally assisting with all our service offerings when it comes to assisting homes and staff with their procurement needs, whilst managing our supply chain are all part of a variety of daily duties. Assisting the Helpdesk & Project Manager with specialist tasks
- Manage and deliver all day-to-day property related matters and procurement transactions within our portfolio of care homes.
- Maintaining and updating records (including auditable trackers)
- Ensuring planned regulatory requirements are actioned in a timely manner.
- Monitoring internal systems, emails and phone calls relating to facilities & estates requests and dealing with reported issues across the portfolio to ensure our maintenance staff and partners are responding in a prompt and professional manner.
- Placing orders with a wide range of agreed suppliers; ensuring value for money at all times.
- Prioritising tasks and instructing appropriate contractors / internal support. Chasing and managing outstanding goods / services in a timely manner.
- Ensuring tasks are completed within the designated timescale or escalated as required.
- Working cooperatively with the operations team to ensure the highest standards of quality and safety are established, maintained and monitored.
- Providing up to date information to aid the production of reports on task activities and spend.
- Planning, implementing and managing action plans for individual homes as well as for those supporting the whole portfolio.
- Working collaboratively with maintenance manager / external maintenance team to ensure appropriate resource is assigned to homes at all times and any sickness or holiday requirements are covered in a reasonable manner.
Relevant facts relating to the job.
This role is the first point of contact for enquiries regarding our services and is therefore often autonomous.
The role requires effective communication skills, plus the ability to develop good relationships with the homes, suppliers and professionals. In addition to this influencing and motivating skills and the ability to work as part of the team and on your own using your initiative are vital.
The role requires excellent administrative skills.
Coordination planning and collaborative working.
Ongoing temp role
About Orchard Care Homes
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
Orchard Care Homes has been providing care for older people for over 15 years. We are committed to being at the heart of the local community and delivering the same level of care that we would all wish for our loved ones.
We believe in investing in our people. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, with plenty of training and progression opportunities across our portfolio of homes.
- Funding for cost of annual revalidation and renewal of PIN
- Access to Blue Light Discount Card.
- Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways to enable you to grow and develop.
- Recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’ and an annual awards ceremony, recognising our dedicated staff team.
- Free car parking.
- Access to our 24/7 Employee Support Hub offering confidential support on personal and professional issues.
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme – Earn up to a £250 per person.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.
Paisley Lodge Dementia Care Home
Welcome to our Paisley Lodge Dementia Care Home in Leeds A specialist residential dementia care home in Armley. In November 2022 we are opening our new dementia care service, Reconnect - ...Full Details