Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Are you passionate about maintaining high standards of cleanliness and providing an outstanding service?
Lansbury court - 35 Hrs per week
Introduction to the role
When entering any one of our homes, everyone will notice our high standards of cleanliness. A clean, well maintained, and tidy environment has positive benefits on the physical and mental wellbeing of everyone in the home which is why this position plays an important role in the day-to-day operation of our homes.
You will engage with all the individuals living in the home, their families and be an advocate for the company, that’s why we are looking for team members who want to make a difference, are caring and will enjoy working in a busy care home environment.
Following stringent guidelines and ensuring chemicals are stored safely, you will be responsible for your own equipment and storeroom. This is a physically demanding job that will require you to deal with all aspects of cleanliness in the home.
- To ensure that all areas of the Care Home are cleaned to a high standard in compliance with the specific cleaning guidelines and schedules and that they effectively meet the individuals and home’s needs.
- To always respect and maintain confidentiality of personal information, including people’s right to privacy, dignity, and choice.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, fire safety, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control policies, procedures, and measures to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To make sure that all equipment used is in full, safe working order and immediately report any faults to the Home Management team.
- To check all areas of the home are supplied with adequate housekeeping items and inform the manager of any shortages.
- To always be alert and use your own initiative, spot clean any spillages as they occur.
- To be an active and helpful member of the team, contribute to meetings, attend training sessions, and ensure that the Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
About Orchard Care Homes
A former mining community, Castletown is an area of Sunderland north of the River Wear and close to Hylton Castle. With good road access to Wessington Way, Lansbury care home is a single-storey modern home that has been purpose-built to provide specialist care tailored to both younger adults and older people living with dementia.
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
Orchard Care Homes has been providing care for older people for over 15 years. We are committed to being at the heart of the local community and delivering the same level of care that we would all wish for our loved ones.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.