Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Why Orchard? We don’t just want to be the provider of choice; we want to be the employer of choice.
Here at Orchard Care Homes our foundations are built on 6 core values; Enjoy Life, Welcoming, Kind, Professional, Positive and Respectful.
Job Role: Domestic Housekeeper – 30.00 hours per week
Hourly rate :£9.50 per hour
Location – Stanhope Parade, South Shields, NE33 4BA
Welcome to Ashlea Mews Care Home - A specialist respite, dementia and residential care home in South Shields.
Rated Good by our regulators CQC, Ashlea Mews is a two-storey specialist respite and dementia care home located in the heart of a residential area, close to the Chichester Metro stop. Our care home is made up of 40 en-suite rooms all decorated to a high standard, with new flooring and furniture in each bedroom.
Orchard Care Homes has a strong reputation in the care industry for running and managing care homes across the UK. We have over 15 years of experience, running 24 care homes across the North and Midlands.
Making a meaningful contribution to someone's life is fulfilling, demanding, requires flexibility, professionalism and skills. You will help our residents enjoy every day by making sure the quality domestic standards they deserve are met.
As a Domestic Housekeeper you will demonstrate a caring nature towards others, while ensuring everyone is treated with dignity and that individual's rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
A quality domestic service has positive benefits on the physical and mental wellbeing of our residents which is why this position plays an important role in the day-to-day operation of our homes.
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
- To ensure that all areas of the Care Home are cleaned to a high standard in compliance with the specific cleaning guidelines and schedules and that they effectively meet the residents’ and homes needs.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, including their right to privacy, dignity and choice.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, fire safety, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control policies, procedures and measures to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To make sure that all equipment used is in full, safe working order and immediately report any faults to the Home Manager and Caretaker.
- To check all areas of the home are supplied with adequate housekeeping items and inform the manager of any shortages.
- To always be alert and use your own initiative, spot clean any spillages as they occur.
- To be an active and helpful member of the team, contribute to meeting, attend training sessions and ensure that Orchard Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
What We Offer:
- Excellent training and progression opportunities
- Recognition schemes such as ‘Making a Difference’
- Free Uniform
- Free DBS
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (available to permanent employees)
- Access to our fantastic Employee assistance programme in association with BUPA that provides 24/7 support
- Competitive Annual Leave + Employer contributing pension
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.