Domestic Housekeeper – Bank - £9.50 per hour
Location – Philadelphia Lane, Newbottle, Houghton-le-Spring, DH4 4ES
Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Why Orchard? We don’t just want to be the provider of choice; we want to be the employer of choice.
Here at Orchard Care Homes our foundations are built on 6 core values; Enjoy Life, Welcoming, Kind, Professional, Positive and Respectful.
Our Domestic Housekeepers help our residents enjoy every day by making sure the quality domestic standards they deserve are met and making a meaningful contribution to their life.
A quality domestic service has positive benefits on the physical and mental wellbeing of our residents which is why this position plays an important role in the day-to-day operation of our homes.
As a Domestic Housekeeper you will demonstrate a caring nature towards others, while ensuring everyone is treated with dignity and that individual's rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
- To ensure that all areas of the Care Home are cleaned to a high standard in compliance with the specific cleaning guidelines and schedules and that they effectively meet the residents’ and homes needs.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, including their right to privacy, dignity and choice.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, Fire Safety, all aspects of the Care Standards Act and have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control policies, procedures and measures to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To make sure that all equipment used is in full, safe working order and immediately report any faults to the Home Manager and Caretaker.
- To check all areas of the home are supplied with adequate housekeeping items and inform the manager of any shortages.
- To always be alert and use your own initiative, spot clean any spillages as they occur.
- To be an active and helpful member of the team, contribute to meetings, attend training sessions and ensure that Orchard Care Homes is a friendly and supportive working environment.
Welcome to Paddock Stile Manor Care Home - A specialist dementia, residential and short term respite care home in Houghton-le-Spring.
Rated ‘Good’ by our regulator CQC, Paddock Stile Manor care home is nestled in the town of Houghton-le-Spring, halfway between Durham and Sunderland, offering dementia, residential and short-term respite care.
Orchard Care Homes has a strong reputation in the care industry for running and managing care homes across the UK. We have over 15 years of experience, running 24 care homes across the North and Midlands.
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
What We Offer:
- Excellent training and progression opportunities
- Recognition schemes such as ‘Making a Difference’
- Free Uniform
- Free DBS
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (available to permanent employees)
- Access to our fantastic Employee assistance programme in association with BUPA that provides 24/7 support
- Competitive Annual Leave + Employer contributing pension
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.
Welcome to our dementia care home in Houghton-le-Spring. A specialist dementia care, residential care and respite care home in Houghton-le-Spring. Rated ‘Good’ by our regula ...Full Details