Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Are you a Deputy Home Manager, or ambitious Senior Carer/Team Leader, looking for a new opportunity with an organisation that will help you develop and achieve your professional goals and aspirations?
40 hours inclusive of one shift per week with ability to work flexibly to cover further shifts to meet the needs of the community when required.
Qualification required – Minimum of a Level 3 in Health & Social Care
£28,700 per year
Location: Wood Street, Langley, Middleton, Greater Manchester, M24 5QH
Introduction to the role
If you are a Deputy Home Manager with experience working in a Care Home, and you are looking for the next step in your career, Orchard Care Homes has something to offer you.
Supporting the Registered Home Manager in all aspects of the day-to-day running of the home, you will actively contribute to assessments, care reviews and act as a point of contact for the team, your residents and their families.
This is a managerial role, supervising and monitoring the team within the home, therefore showing leadership qualities, effective communication and possessing positive interpersonal skills are essential. These skills are also needed for developing good relationships within the multidisciplinary teams, along with regular liaison with residents, relatives, and prospective employees. As well as influencing and supporting the development of the teams.
- Provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- Participate in the formulation of individual care plans for each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both, including ordering, checking in and stock control of residents’ prescribed medication.
- Responsible for stock control and ordering new supplies of continence and medical products.
- Act as the person in charge of the home in the absence of the Manager ensuring that legislation is adhered to and standards are maintained.
- Supervise and support the care team, ensuring that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
- Participate in the sales and marketing of the home in order to maintain an adequate capacity of residents in the home with the correct ratio of skilled, trained staff.
- Understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements that are relevant, including; Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, and have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control policies, procedures and measures, to ensure that all care teams and other staff maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- The above is a summary of the main duties and is not exhaustive.
- You will be experienced in producing well-developed care plans and understand regulatory frameworks.
- You will be dedicated and compassionate, approachable and committed to delivering person-centred care.
- You will have teaching and assessing experience (qualification preferable).
- You will have experience working with people living with dementia.
- You will be a team player, willing to learn and develop colleagues and be committed to a structured approach to training and development of staff.
- You will have an understanding of the Care Standards Act Health & Safety legislation and Infection Control.
- You will ensure that people are treated with respect and dignity, your approach is empathetic, compassionate and focused on ensuring their life is the best it can be, focussed on the strengths and abilities of the person.
- You will need to be understanding and patient towards people and their needs, and encourage, assist and support people to participate in appropriate leisure activities and activities in daily living, normalising life as much as possible with joy and happiness.
About Orchard Care Homes
Located in Langley, a residential area between Rochdale and Manchester City Centre, Langfield care home provides residential care for those living with varying needs.
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
Orchard Care Homes has been providing care for older people for over 15 years. We are committed to being at the heart of the local community and delivering the same level of care that we would all wish for our loved ones.
We believe in investing in our people. Your professional development is encouraged, and you will receive plenty of training and progression opportunities across our portfolio of homes.
- Access to Blue Light Discount Card.
- Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways to enable you to grow and develop.
- Recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’ and an annual awards ceremony, recognising our dedicated staff team.
- Free Uniform and car parking.
- Access to our 24/7 Employee Support Hub offering confidential support on personal and professional issues.
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme – Earn up to a £250 per person.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.
Langfield Care Home in Middleton
A residential care and dementia care home in Middleton, close to Oldham. Located in Middleton, a ...Full Details