Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
It’s true what they say, the kitchen is the heart of the home. At Orchard Care Homes, our kitchens are no different. They are at the centre of all our homes and provide delicious, and nutritious home cooked meals for everyone.
Care Home Cook – Full Time – 34 hours per week – £10.86 per hour – Castleford Lodge, WF10 5DF
Introduction to the role
A talented Chef can bring to life a few ingredients that evoke memories of the past and bring warmth to an individual.
Orchard Care Homes values its kitchen staff, and we reward colleagues with training, support and the freedom to cook up a storm.
Working with the Home Manager and care staff, you will create nutritious and balanced meals that cater for the individual needs of those living in the home. You will supervise a dedicated team to prepare daily meals, manage the food orders, stock levels and maintenance of vital equipment.
Following food safety guidelines, you will ensure the kitchen is fit for purpose and able to complete the daily meals on time.
This is a vital role in all our homes. If you would like to know more or would like to visit our kitchens, please apply and a member of the team will be in touch.
- To plan, prepare and cook a variety of meals which are appealing, nutritious and centres around the individuals’ preferences, requests or any special dietary requirements, to follow Orchard Care Homes’ Good Food Guide and, where appropriate, make amendments after authorisation from the Support Centre.
- To be active and encouraging, provide advice and guidance for the team ensuring the Care Home is a friendly, supportive working environment.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as HACCP, Health & Safety, COSHH, Environmental Health, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control policies, procedures and measures to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- Implement, monitor and maintain cleaning schedules that meet the requirements of the Food Safety Manual, and ensure that all areas of the kitchen are immaculately clean. This will include the washing up of pots, pans and dishes when required.
- Ensure sufficient food stocks are ordered and received from approved suppliers and that stock rotation is taking place to maintain optimum freshness of all foodstuffs ensuring the highest quality expected within Orchard Care Home.
Knowledge of texture modified diets and food allergens
Knowledge of modified diets and creating specific meal plans to suit an individual’s needs
A short walk from the centre of Castleford, with good access to public transport and rail and road links, Castleford Lodge is a mid-size home providing experienced care for elderly residents with a wide range of complex needs, including dementia.
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
Orchard Care Homes has been providing care for older people for over 15 years. We are committed to being at the heart of the local community and delivering the same level of care that we would all wish for our loved ones.
We believe in investing in our people. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, with plenty of training and progression opportunities across our portfolio of homes.
What We Offer:
- Excellent training and progression opportunities
- Recognition schemes such as ‘Making a Difference’
- Free Uniform
- Free DBS
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (available to permanent employees)
- Access to our fantastic Employee assistance programme in association with BUPA that provides 24/7 support
- Competitive Annual Leave + Employer contributing pension
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.
Castleford Lodge Care Home in Castleford
Welcome to Castleford Lodge Care Home A specialist residential care, nursing care, and dementia care home in Castleford, West Yorkshire. Rated ‘Good’ by our regulator CQC, Castleford Lodge Care Home is located ...Full Details