Do you want to commence a fulfilling career in care, with excellent training and progression opportunities for Care Assistants?
Whether you have previous experience in care or you are looking for a new beginning, if you share our passion to deliver excellent standards of care you’re sure to fit into our Orchard family.
Orchard Care Homes is a quality provider of Care, operating homes in the Midlands and North of England, providing: Residential, Dementia Residential, Dementia Nursing, Nursing Care and our brand-new model of Dementia care, Reconnect.
We are looking for dedicated Care Assistants to join the team at Cherry Trees, Rotherham. Cherry Trees is in the historic town of Kimberworth, near Rotherham, and offers 66 en-suite rooms equipped with the latest facilities and amenities. The home provides care for several conditions and complex needs, and all the team are trained in end of life care and work in partnership with the Rotherham Hospice. Cherry Trees is also award winning, as it has been awarded Care Home of the Year at the annual Orchard Care Home Heart Awards, their Activity Coordinator won the Activity Coordinator Award for Yorkshire and Humberside at The Great British Care Awards, and it has also just been awarded as outstanding in care by CQC.
You will need excellent communication skills, be able to work well as part of a dedicated team, and care for residents in a respectful, compassionate manner.
As a Care Assistant, you will play a vital role in:
• Looking after our residents’ physical and emotional well-being and social needs
• Supporting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
• Providing physical and mental stimulation, taking part in leisure and social activities with residents, individually and as a group
• Maintaining accurate records about care delivered and resident’s needs
• Delivering high quality care with compassion, always promoting our residents’ independence, choice and dignity
Permanent, full time, bank and night care assistant roles are available at Cherry Trees near Rotherham.
What we offer in return:
• Pay rate - £8.21 per hour
• 5.6 weeks holiday plus pension contributions
• Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways to enable you to grow and develop
• Recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’ and an annual awards ceremony, recognising our dedicated staff team
• Free Uniform and car parking
• Paid for Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme – Earn up to a £1000 per person, available to Permanent contracted employees
• Perkbox membership, with access to hundreds of shopping, travel and health & fitness discounts
• Access to our 24/7 Employee Support Hub offering confidential support on personal and professional issues
If you want to be part of a care home organisation that cares for its residents and for its staff,
apply for one of our Care Assistant posts now.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.