Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Do you want to begin a fulfilling career in care, with excellent training and progression opportunities? Whether you are new to care or you’re an experienced carer, at Orchard Care, we value our Care Assistant and invest in their career within our homes.
Care Assistant – Days Only
£9.50 to £9.75 per hour (higher rate upon proof of required qualification)
LOCATION - Stanhope Parade, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE33 4BA
We are not able to offer Sponsorship for this position.
Whether you have previous experience in care or you are looking for a new beginning, and you are empathetic and compassionate, come and join our team to deliver high quality individual care.
A Care Assistant plays a vital role in supporting our people living with dementia. You will be part of a team to make sure everyone is cared for with dignity and respect through person-centred care. You will support individuals in meaningful activities.
No day is ever the same! The position is a challenging but rewarding role that requires you to give individualised personal care. You will be part of our care team that understands each person’s needs and provides a meaningful contribution to their lives.
- Be understanding and patient towards everyone and their needs, to encourage and support them to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual and their preferences, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes supporting individuals and groups to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying rooms, undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at mealtimes and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. In addition, providing the appropriate level of support at mealtimes.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant to the role such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control policies, procedures and measures to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To ensure all written or verbal communications regarding activity in the home remain factual and evidence based, to support learning from significant events. To engage with internal and external inspections, audits and regulatory visits.
About Orchard Care Homes
In the heart of a residential area, close to Chichester Metro stop, Ashlea Mews is a modern, two-storey residential care home that provides quality care for up to 40 residents, including dementia support.
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
Orchard Care Homes has been providing care for older people for over 15 years. We are committed to being at the heart of the local community and delivering the same level of care that we would all wish for our loved ones.
We believe in investing in our people. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, with plenty of training and progression opportunities across our portfolio of homes.
- Access to Blue Light Discount Card & App.
- Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways to enable you to grow and develop.
- Recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’ and an annual awards ceremony, recognising our dedicated staff team.
- Free Uniform and car parking.
- Access to our 24/7 Employee Support Hub offering confidential support on personal and professional issues
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme – Earn up to a £250 per person.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.
Ashlea Mews Care Home in South Shields
Welcome to the finest of Care Homes in South Shields A dementia care and residential c ...Full Details