Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Do you want to begin a fulfilling career in care, with excellent training and progression opportunities? Whether you are new to care or you’re an experienced carer, at Orchard Care, we value our Care Assistants and invest in their career within our homes.
Hourly rate - £9.50 - £9.75 per hour (higher rate upon proof of required qualification)
Working hours/pattern – Nights available
- 20:00 hrs – 08:00 hrs (Nights)
- 08:00 hrs - 20:00 hrs (Days)
Location – Simmonite Road, Kimberworth Park, Rotherham, S61 3EQ
We are not able to offer Sponsorship for this position.
Whether you have previous experience in care or you are looking for a new beginning, and you are empathetic and compassionate, come and join our team to deliver high quality individual care.
A Care Assistant plays a vital role in supporting our people living with dementia. You will be part of a team to make sure everyone is cared for with dignity and respect through person-centred care. You will support individuals in meaningful activities.
No day is ever the same! The position is a challenging but rewarding role that requires you to give individualised personal care. You will be part of our care team that understands each person’s needs and provides a meaningful contribution to their lives.
- Be understanding and patient towards everyone and their needs, to encourage and support them to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual and their preferences, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes supporting individuals and groups to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying rooms, undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at mealtimes and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. In addition, providing the appropriate level of support at mealtimes.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant to the role such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control policies, procedures and measures to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To ensure all written or verbal communications regarding activity in the home remain factual and evidence based, to support learning from significant events. To engage with internal and external inspections, audits and regulatory visits.
Welcome to Cherry Trees Care Home - A specialist residential and dementia residential care home in Rotherham.
Located in Kimberworth Park near to the town centre, Cherry Trees is the only care home in Rotherham to be awarded ‘Outstanding’ in Caring by our regulators CQC. Cherry Trees offers 66 en-suite rooms all equipped with the latest facilities and amenities.
Orchard Care Homes has a strong reputation in the care industry for running and managing care homes across the UK. We have over 15 years of experience, running 24 care homes across the North and Midlands.
- Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways will enable you to grow and develop into Leadership and Management, Nursing or Dementia specialisms through our Orchard Academy
- Recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme
- Access to our fantastic Employee assistance programme in association with BUPA that provides 24/7 support
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.
Cherry Trees Care Home in Rotherham
A proud residential care and dementia care home in Rotherham. Located in Kimberworth Park near to ...Full Details