Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Do you want to begin a fulfilling career in care, with excellent training and progression opportunities? Whether you are new to care or you’re an experienced carer, at Orchard Care, we value our Care Assistant and invest in their career within our homes.
Hourly rate – £9.50 - £9.75 per hour (higher rate upon proof of required qualification)
Working hours/pattern – 22 to 44 hours per week - Days or Nights available
- 08:00 hrs to 20:00 hrs (Days)
- 20:00 hrs to 08:00 hrs (Nights)
Location – Acre Close, Middleton, Leeds, LS10 4HX
We are not able to offer Sponsorship for this position.
The role of a Care Assistant plays a vital role in supporting the people living within Orchard homes. We make sure everyone is cared for with dignity, respect and they are engaged in how they receive support from our staff. You will play a key role in ensuring they engage in meaningful activities and receive the best support in line with their individual needs.
We are one of the first organisations in care who are paperless. We use the latest technology to write our care plans, complete our audits and we can even tell if someone is in pain by using an app.
No day is ever the same! This position is challenging, and isn’t for everyone, but for the intrinsic rewards are incomparable. We offer a tailored career path that will give you industry leading training that will help you reach you career goals.
You will work in a close team that understands each person’s needs and provides a meaningful contribution to their lives.
- Be understanding and patient towards everyone and their needs, to encourage and support them to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual and their preferences, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes supporting individuals and groups to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying rooms, undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at mealtimes and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. In addition, providing the appropriate level of support at mealtimes.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant to the role such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, have a clear understanding of Infection Prevention and Control policies, procedures and measures to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To ensure all written or verbal communications regarding activity in the home remain factual and evidence based, to support learning from significant events. To engage with internal and external inspections, audits and regulatory visits.
A largely residential suburb of Leeds, Middleton Park Lodge is an established residential home that has been purpose-built to provide specialist care tailored to both younger adults and older people, some with more complex mental health needs.
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
Welcome to Middleton Park Lodge Care Home - A specialist nursing, residential and short term respite care home in Leeds.
Rated Good by our regulators CQC, Middleton Park Lodge is a 50-bed purpose-built care home, offering specialist nursing, residential and short term respite care.
Orchard Care Homes has a strong reputation in the care industry for running and managing care homes across the UK. We have over 15 years of experience, running 24 care homes across the North and Midlands.
- Excellent training and progression opportunities, from day one, with career pathways to enable you to grow and develop
- Recognition schemes, such as ‘Making a Difference’
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme
- Access to our fantastic Employee assistance programme in association with BUPA that provides 24/7 support
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.
Middleton Park Lodge Nursing Home in Leeds
Welcome to our Leeds Nursing Home, Middleton Park Lodge. ...Full Details