Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Are you out going, love to stand up in front of a crowd and have an imagination like no other?
The role of an Activities Co-ordinator might be your casting call!
Activities Coordinator – Archers Park Care Home
£9.50 per hour
Location: Archer Road, Farringdon, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, SR3 3DJ
Introduction to the role
Whether it is creating an interactive film day, decorating one of the lounges as a tearoom or hosting a sing-along session, our Activity Coordinators are centre stage in homes.
Activities in our homes play vital part in maintaining the physical and mental well-being of the people living within the home. Working alongside the individuals, their families and home staff, you will create daily activities that are engaging, fun, meaningful and memory evoking.
Alongside home-based activities, you will coordinate external performers, building relationships with individuals and organisations to deliver a wide range of activities. You may also support the homes to maintain their social media platforms, capturing moments to share with families and promote the home within the local community.
- Plan & gain approval for a programme of varied group and/or individual events following discussions with individuals, care staff & relatives. Publicise & communicate the programme, ensuring that all individuals have access.
- Run all events on the programme giving regard to patient safety, comfort & enjoyment. Group events may include craft classes, music, films, quizzes, bingo, reminiscence, and entertainment.
- Accompany people on outings, ensuring adequate provision of care staff & that all safety standards are met, particularly with regards to mobility.
- Keep records of all finances associated with the programme, which must be in keeping with the agreed budget. Assist in fund raising activities. Manage supply of all equipment.
- Organise regular visits from Ministers of religious denominations. Assist with transport for individuals who wish to attend religious services.
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.
Archers Park Dementia Care Home in Sunderland
Welcome to Archers Park Dementia Care Home A specialist dementia care home in Sunderland (Farringdon) Rated Good by our regulators CQC, Archers Park is a 40-bed specialist dementia ...Full Details