Activities Coordinator – Full Time – 30 hours per week – £9.50 per hour – Parkhouse Avenue, Castletown, Sunderland, SR5 3DF
Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Are you looking for a career where you are truly making a difference?
Why Orchard? We don’t just want to be the provider of choice, we want to be the employer of choice.
Here at Orchard Care Homes our foundations are built on 6 core values; Enjoy Life, Welcoming, Kind, Professional, Positive and Respectful.
Welcome to Lansbury Court Care Home - A specialist residential, dementia residential and short term respite care home in Sunderland.
Rated ‘Good’ by our regulator CQC, Lansbury Court is a purpose-built, single-storey modern care home located in the former mining community of Castletown. Our home provides specialist residential, dementia residential and short-term respite care and boasts a ‘Gold’ rating by Sunderland City Council 2018.
Lansbury Court benefits from its proximity to the River Wear and Hylton Castle, with transport links to Wessington Way and a bus service that stops directly outside the home.
Orchard Care Homes has a strong reputation in the care industry for running and managing care homes across the UK. We have over 15 years of experience, running 24 care homes across the North and Midlands.
Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Smaller Care Home Group at the CHA (Care Home Awards) 2021.
Your day will be varied. Developing meaningful occupation therapies, delivering engaging sessions and supporting events and outings.
You will be organising a programme of appropriate, therapeutic, and recreational activities that enhance the lives of our residents.
- You will be able to plan a programme, and gain approval for of varied group and/or individual events following discussions with residents, nurses & relatives. Publicise & communicate the programme, ensuring that all residents have access.
- You will run all events on the programme giving regard to patient safety, comfort & enjoyment. Group events may include craft classes, music, films, quizzes, bingo, reminiscence, entertainment, etc…
- You will accompany the residents on outings, ensuring adequate provision of care staff & that all safety standards are met, particularly with regards to mobility.
- You will keep records of all finances associated with the programme; which must be in keeping with the agreed budget. Assist in fund raising activities. Manage supply of all equipment.
- You will organise regular visits from Ministers of religious denominations. Assist with transport for residents who wish to attend religious services.
- You will attend to individual resident’s social needs, including 1:1 private conversations, letter writing, reading & assisting with the pursuance of individual hobbies or interests.
- Any other reasonable task requested by a supervisor or manager which is within your competence.
We are partnered with Oomph, the UKs leading wellbeing business for older people to deliver days out, exercise and activities. With Oomph and your natural warmth and empathy, you will deliver quality wellbeing support plans that ensures everyone is treated with dignity and that individual's rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
- Excellent training and progression opportunities
- Recognition schemes such as ‘Making a Difference’
- Free Uniform
- Free DBS
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (available to permanent employees)
- Access to our fantastic Employee assistance programme in association with BUPA that provides 24/7 support
- Competitive Annual Leave + Employer contributing pension
At Orchard Care Homes, we value our employees. Click here to find out more about our wide range of benefits.